Veg Fried Rice Recipe: Learn How to Make Fried Rice with Soulfoods
About Fried Rice
The popular and versatile dish known as fried rice recipe originated in ancient China and over the years it has undergone several modifications. The flavorful combination of cooked rice and veggies is enhanced with sauces and seasonings. The specialty of veg fried rice is that it enables consumers to alter it according to their suitable preferences and nutritional requirements.
While non-vegetarians can have Chinese fried rice with luscious meats and seafoods as added advantages. However, vegetable fried rice has gained popularity widely in India as it can be served as a main course as it’s a fulfilling meal all by itself.
No doubt fried rice will continue to be a classic favorite for countless generations, whether people explore the traditional Chinese version or try out fusion flavors. Let's check out how to make fried rice at home with a few easy steps. Stay tuned till the end of the blog to find out exciting variations and paring that works wonders to make vegetable fried rice recipe.
How to Make Fried Rice with Soulfoods Schezwan Chutney
Ready to set off on a culinary adventure with our veg fried rice recipe? An easy-to-make but hearty rendition of this traditional chinese fried rice recipe bought by Soulfoods is a must try. Let's start by gathering the ingredients for vegetable fried rice.
Check out the fried rice Ingredients below:
- 2 cups long-grain rice (preferably jasmine), cooked and cooled
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, corn, bell peppers), finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper powder
- Soulfood’s Schezwan Chutney
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
Follow these easy steps to make vegetable fried rice recipe:
In a large frying pan or big skillet, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil over medium heat. Sauté the minced garlic and grated ginger for a minute until they release their aromatic flavors.
Toss in the finely chopped mixed veggies and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Add 2 tablespoons of Soulfood's Schezwan Chutney to the vegetables for an extra kick of flavor. Arrange the vegetables on one side of the wok and the cooled cooked rice on the other. Using a spatula, break up any rice clumps.
Drizzle the rice with soy sauce and sesame oil. Gently fold in the rice and vegetables, making sure the flavors are evenly distributed, including the Schezwan Chutney.Season the fried rice with white pepper powder and a pinch of salt (if your soy sauce is already salty, use less salt).
- Stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes, or until the rice is heated through and evenly coated with the sauce. Serve the restaurant-style Chinese fried rice hot, topped with fresh coriander leaves.
With the addition of Soulfood's Schezwan Chutney, your Chinese fried rice will have a delightful spicy kick that enhances the overall flavor of the dish. Enjoy!
Check out some Expert Tips to make fried rice recipe delicious:
Don't Overcrowd the pan/ kadhai : Instead of stuffing the pan with too much fried rice when producing a big amount, cook it in batches. If the wok is too full, the heat may be reduced, and the rice may steam rather than fry.
Cooking rice: Rice shouldn't be overcooked. You want the rice to be cooked until the grains are al dente when you first boil it. Cooked rice should always be drained and allowed to cool completely before being added to stir fry. Rice that is too wet or too hot won't stir-fry correctly and will end as soggy as your fried rice with vegetables.
Veggies: Use your favorite veggies. I like the carrots, beans, and mushrooms used in this chinese fried rice recipe. However, you can add your preferred choice and quantity of vegetables to your version of fried rice recipe. For health conscious out there, note that the number of fried rice calories varies depending on the type of oil and ingredients used in the recipe.
Flavors and seasonings: Add a bit of tomato ketchup for a slightly sweet flavor. To make spicy fried rice, add some red chili sauce or green chili sauce along with the soy sauce.
See Also: Veg Momos Recipe
Chinese Fried Rice Pairings and Side Dishes
Whether it's the traditional version with meat or the vegetarian pleasure, veg fried rice recipe, Chinese fried rice is a flexible dish that goes well with a range of side dishes. Combine the delicious flavors of vegetable fried rice with these appetizing sides to elevate the flavors.
- Soulfoods Schezwan Chutney: For spice enthusiasts, Soulfoods Schezwan Chutney is a fantastic condiment to serve alongside your fried rice. This fiery chutney enhances the overall taste and adds a burst of heat to your meal.
- Chilli Paneer: Chilli Paneer is the ideal option if you enjoy a spicy vegetarian side dish. Indian cottage cheese cubes are cooked in a hot, fragrant sauce as a delicious accompaniment to your veg fried rice.
- Chilli Chicken: Chilli Chicken is a terrific choice for individuals who like the taste of robust flavors combined with tender chicken. This dish goes well with your Chinese fried rice since it stir-fries tender chunks of chicken with bell peppers, onions, and a spicy sauce.
- Chilli Potato: Crispy and spicy, Chilli Potato is an excellent side dish that can add a unique dimension to your meal. The tangy-spicy taste of these fried potato wedges pairs wonderfully with the subtle flavors of veg fried rice.
- Manchurian: Manchurian is a famous Indo-Chinese dish comprised of meat or vegetable balls mixed in a savory, tangy sauce. Manchurian's crispy exterior pairs well with fried rice's fluffy interior to create a pleasant flavor and texture contrast.
When pairing these side dishes with your fried rice, keep the flavors in check. Consider these delicious side dishes and combinations the next time you make Chinese fried rice or vegetable fried rice to create a memorable dining experience.
Different Variations of Fried Rice Recipe
Chinese fried rice is tasty and adaptable recipe that can be made to fit a variety of tastes and dietary needs. There is a fried rice option for everyone to enjoy, whether they choose a vegetarian or non-vegetarian version. Try out some of the amazing variations below.
- Veg Fried Rice: Vegetable fried rice is a traditional and well-liked variant that features a lovely combination of vibrant vegetables like bell peppers, carrots, peas, and corn stir-fried with cooked rice. For vegans and veggie lovers alike, the mix of vegetables offers a tasty and healthy solution.
- Paneer Fried Rice: In this rendition, the main ingredient is paneer, or Indian cottage cheese. Lightly fried paneer cubes are blended with rice, vibrant vegetables, and other ingredients. The conventional fried rice gets a delicious variation from the mild and creamy flavour of paneer.
- Tofu Fried Rice: Tofu fried rice is a great alternative for a vegetarian meal that is high in protein. The protein-rich and adaptable component tofu takes on the flavours of the vegetables and sauce excellently.
- Egg Fried Rice: A simple yet satisfying variation of chinese fried rice is with eggs. It features scrambled eggs mixed with fried rice. The eggs add a delicious richness and protein boost to the dish.
- Spicy Fried Rice: Spicy fried rice is the way to go if you enjoy hot, robust flavours. To give your fried rice that extra kick, add hot sauces like Schezwan or Sriracha.
- Chicken Fried Rice: This variation, which features juicy chicken as the star ingredient, will appeal to fans of chicken. Using rice, veggies, and marinated chicken, a delicious flavour combination is created.
Try out these several fried rice variants to find your favourite. Every version, from the healthy veg fried rice to the hot spicy choice, guarantees a delicious and filling meal that you can have whenever you like!
So, start on the culinary adventure to discover the essence of fried rice, and let Soulfoods be your partner in creating moments of love and happiness. Explore the plethora of combinations, whether Paneer, Tofu, Egg, Spicy, or Chicken, each with its own story waiting to take you away to a world of flavour experiences. Fried rice draws people together, overcoming cultural borders and forming a strong sense of joy and togetherness.
Dive into this classic, a treasure trove of flavours that will speak to your heart and soul. Try our delectable Schezwan Chutney, which has been painstakingly created to bring a blast of hot flavour to your fried rice. Enjoy every minute as fried rice transforms into an incredible experience that warms your heart with warmth and your taste buds with ecstasy.